What's Cooking Vindaloo
15 minutes prep time
2 hours 30 minutes cooking time
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2kg thickly sliced Beef chuck, cut into cubes
- salt and black pepper
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 15ml (1tbsp) chopped garlic
- 15ml (1tbsp) chopped ginger
- 45ml (3tbsp) What's Cooking Vindaloo Curry (803321-K)
- 1 x 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 250ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 120ml yogurt
- Poppadums and yellow rice ( to serve 6)
- Fresh Coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Season the beef with salt and black pepper.
- Fry the beef cubes for 2 - 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the What's Cooking Vindaloo Curry mix and fry for another minute.
- Add the browned beef back into the pot, add the tomatoes and vinegar and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 2h30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the beef stock if the curry cooks too dry.
- Serve with poppadums, yellow rice, dollops of yoghurt and fresh coriander.