What's Cooking Perfect Roast Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
30 minutes prep time
2 hours 15 minutes cooking time
- 1 x 1.5kg whole chicken
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves, unpeeled
- Sea salt flakes
- 125ml What's Cooking Roast Chicken Marinade (803129-K)
- 750g medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 20ml Hunters Biltong Spice (803158-K)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish and season the cavity with salt. Fill with lemon, onion and garlic cloves.
- Coat the entire chicken in the What's Cooking Roast Chicken Marinade.
- Roast in the oven for 1h30 minutes, basting with What's Cooking Roast Chicken Marinade every 30 minutes.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Scrape the sides of the potatoes with a fork. Place in an oven tray, coat with olive oil and the Hunters Biltong Spice. Roast with the chicken for 45 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when you insert a skewer in the thickest part of the leg.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the potatoes.