30 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 5kg Hake, cut into pieces (or fish of your choice)
- 500g "What's Cooking™" crispy breading (803288)
- 300g Oil
- 1.8kg Onions, Sliced
- 500g "What's Cooking™" Pickled Fish Spice (803207)
- 900g White Sugar
- 750g Freddy Hirsch Vinegar (905807)
- 6L Water (add more water should you like sauce to be more runny)
- Coat Fish in Crispy Breading and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown and cooked.
- On the side prepare the Sauce – Fry sliced onions in oil until soft.
- Add Pickled Fish Spice and sugar and fry together.
- Add vinegar, and then water.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes for spices to cook, sauce to thicken and flavours to develop.
- Pour Hot Sauce over Fried Fish and allow to stand at least one day before you serve the dish.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.