Oupa’s Boerewors Stokbrood
20 minutes prep time
20 minutes cooking time
- 250 g Cake flour
- 180 ml (½ cup) Lukewarm milk
- 30 g Butter, melted
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Salt
- 1 kg Freddy Hirsch Oupa’s Boerewors
- ½ Red pepper, diced
- ½ Green pepper, diced
- ½ Yellow pepper, diced
- 1 x 400 g Tin Mexican tomatoes
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Combine the cake flour, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and butter. Mix until well combined. Knead the dough on a lightly flavoured surface for 8 - 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Make your fire like usual, with medium warm coals. Divide the Oupa’s boerewors into 8 equal pieces. Stick the sausage pieces on 8 thick skewers.
- Braai the Oupa’s Boerewors on the sticks for 5 minutes or until golden and almost cooked thorough. Leave to cool slightly.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece between the palms of your hand until you have 25 cm long strip. Twist the dough around the sausage and press tightly. Braai for 5 - 7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked thorough.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan. Fry the red pepper, green pepper and yellow pepper until soft. Add the Mexican tomatoes and coriander and heat thorough.
- Serve the Stookbrood with the tomato relish
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*