Oukraal Beef Burger & Fried Onion Rings
45 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
- 4 Oukraal Chargrill Burger Paties
- Hunters Biltong
- Seasoning for coating
- 4 Large burger buns
- 1 Crispy lettuce head
- 2 Onions
- 170g What's Cooking Fry Batter
- 15ml Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice
- 160ml Water
- Sunflower Oil for deep frying
- 60ml Di Cardelli Sweet Chilli Marinade
- 100ml Cream Cheese
- 250g Sweet Potato Chips (frozen)
- 5ml Freddy Hirsch BBQ Grill & Bake Spice
- Mix the What's Cooking Fry Batter - 802878 and water until it forms a smooth, runny dough. Slice the onions into thick rings, 3 per person. Dip them in the batter and fry in 175°C oil until golden brown. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel and sprinkle with Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice - 802992 while warm.
- Cut the buns in half and lightly toast in a griddle pan inside down.
- Roll the Oukraal Chargrill Burger patties in Hunters Biltong Seasoning - 802331 and fry in a griddle pan over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side. Keep warm until serving.
- Preheat sunflower oil to 175°C. Fry sweet potato chips for 3 minutes or until crispy. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel and sprinkle with Freddy Hirsch BBQ Grill & Bake - 803152 spice while warm.
- To serve, place the lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by the Oukraal Chargrilled Burger Patty. Spread cream cheese on the patty and drizzle with Di Cardelli Sweet Chilli Marinade - 803224. Place the onion rings on top, followed by the top bun. Secure with a sosatie stick and serve with sweet potato chips
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*