Mexican Mac & Cheese Burgers
45 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
All the classical comfort flavours stacked together in slider size burgers
- 500g Prepared Macaroni & Cheese, using What’s Cooking White Sauce (802943)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- What’s Cooking™ Crispy Breading ( 803288)
- 8 Slider size beef patties, prepared with Majiek Meatball Base (803114)
- Mexican Salsa made out of chopped tomato, avocado, onion, coriander and chilli
- Crème Fraiche and fresh coriander for garnish
- Mix the Mac & Cheese with a fork to loosen the mixture slightly.
- Form your buns/bases between your two hands and place in fridge for 10 minutes for Mac&Cheese buns to maintain their shape.
- Remove from fridge, dip in beaten egg and coat with Crispy Breading.
- Shake excess Breading off and deep fry in preheated oil till golden brown.
- While you are frying your buns, allow your mini patties to grill till perfection.
- Assemble your burger by topping a Mac & Cheese bun with a beef patty, then a spoonful of Mexican salsa, and another Mac & cheese bun. Garnish with crème fraiche and fresh coriander.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.