Gammon & Caramelised Onion Quiche
40 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- 300g Gammon (cooked) and cut into cubes - (Any meat can be used to replace gammon)
- 200g Onions, sliced
- 50g Oil
- 30g Sugar
- 250ml Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 30g What’s Cooking Chicken ‘n Sage Pie (803209)
- 100ml Water
- 5g Fresh basil, shredded
- 200g Puff Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Grease a 30cm quiche pan well using Spray & Cook
- Line the pan with the puff pastry, which has been rolled out.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare your filling by:
- Pre heat your oil in a pan and fry onions and sugar till it starts to caramelise then add your gammon.
- Mix What’s Cooking Chicken & Sage spice with water and add to the pan.
- Allow ingredients to simmer for 5 minutes till mixture thickens.
- Mix cream, eggs and shredded basil together.
- Transfer gammon filling to the pastry and pour egg custard over.
- Bake quiche for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.