Gammon & Caramelised Onion Quiche
40 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- 300g Gammon (cooked) and cut into cubes - (Any meat can be used to replace gammon)
- 200g Onions, sliced
- 50g Oil
- 30g Sugar
- 250ml Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 30g What’s Cooking Chicken ‘n Sage Pie (803209)
- 100ml Water
- 5g Fresh basil, shredded
- 200g Puff Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Grease a 30cm quiche pan well using Spray & Cook
- Line the pan with the puff pastry, which has been rolled out.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare your filling by:
- Pre heat your oil in a pan and fry onions and sugar till it starts to caramelise then add your gammon.
- Mix What’s Cooking Chicken & Sage spice with water and add to the pan.
- Allow ingredients to simmer for 5 minutes till mixture thickens.
- Mix cream, eggs and shredded basil together.
- Transfer gammon filling to the pastry and pour egg custard over.
- Bake quiche for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*