Frozen Custard & Blueberry Loaf
30 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- Custard Layer:
- 100g What’s Cooking Custard Powder (803338)
- 400ml Cold milk
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- Cake layer:
- Sponge Cake:
- 500g What’s Cooking Easy Baking Batter (803330)
- 125ml Water
- 125ml Oil
- 125ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Fresh blueberries for decoration
- Line a medium size loaf pan with baking paper.
- Prepare the sponge cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the milk,water,eggs and oil together.
- Add the wet mixture to the 500g sachet of Easy baking batter.
- Mix until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into sizes to fit your pan. (You will only use half of this cake, freeze the rest for your next dessert)
- While your cake is baking, prepare the custard filling: Place custard powder in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk while whisking the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Whip fresh cream and fold into prepared custard.
- Assemble the dessert by layering your sliced cake with custard mixture and blueberries.
- Freeze the dessert over night.
- Remove from loaf pan, remove wax paper and place on serving platter.
- Scatter with remaining blueberries and serve
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.