Frozen Custard & Blueberry Loaf
30 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- Custard Layer:
- 100g What’s Cooking Custard Powder (803338)
- 400ml Cold milk
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- Cake layer:
- Sponge Cake:
- 500g What’s Cooking Easy Baking Batter (803330)
- 125ml Water
- 125ml Oil
- 125ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Fresh blueberries for decoration
- Line a medium size loaf pan with baking paper.
- Prepare the sponge cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the milk,water,eggs and oil together.
- Add the wet mixture to the 500g sachet of Easy baking batter.
- Mix until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into sizes to fit your pan. (You will only use half of this cake, freeze the rest for your next dessert)
- While your cake is baking, prepare the custard filling: Place custard powder in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk while whisking the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Whip fresh cream and fold into prepared custard.
- Assemble the dessert by layering your sliced cake with custard mixture and blueberries.
- Freeze the dessert over night.
- Remove from loaf pan, remove wax paper and place on serving platter.
- Scatter with remaining blueberries and serve
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*