FO SHO Lamb Chops with Braai Brood and Chimichurri
35 minutes prep time
35 minutes cooking time
- 8 Lamb chops
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- FO SHO All Purpose Spice doy pack
- 12 slices White bread
- 30 ml Butter
- Three cheeses: smoked cheddar, mozzarella and aged gouda as desired
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 Red onions, sliced
- Kitchen Rope
- 250 ml Flat leaf Italian parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 0.5 Red chilli
- 50 ml Origanum leaves
- 25 ml Olive oil
- 30 ml White whine vinegar
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 5 ml Crushed Black Pepper
- Cover lamb chops on both sides with lemon juice, olive oil, Crushed Black Pepper - 722048 and FO SHO All Purpose Spice - 803222 or 803432. Leave to marinate overnight (or at least a few hours).
- Braai chops over hot coals, turning constantly until cooked to your liking.
- Butter the slices of bread, 8 on one side and 4 on both sides.
- Layer red onions, basil and cheese to form a triple decker "braai broodjie". Sprinkle with salt and pepper, secure with rope and braai until crispy and cheese is melted.
- Place the flat leaf parsley, garlic, chilli, origanum, olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor and blitz finely. Serve chimichurri fresh on the side
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*