Crumbed and Deep-fried Rustler Beef Burgers with CHeese Sauce and Potato Wedges
25 minutes prep time
1 hour 10 minutes cooking time
- 6 medium potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) What's Cooking Chip & Wedge Spice (803253-K)
- 6 Rustler Beef Burger patties (802467-K)
- 30g (5tbsp) grated cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- Egg wash (2 eggs combined with 30ml (2tbsp) cold water
- 200g What's Cooking Hot Crispy Breading (826579-K)
- 200g Panko bread crumbs
- What's Cooking Cheese Sauce (803396-K) cooked according to instructions on packaging
- 6 Hamburger rolls
- 2 small heads of butter lettuce, washed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and What's Cooking Chip & Wedge Spice. Place onto a baking tray and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the Rustler Range Beef Burger patties, preheat the oil to 180°C
- Place the 6 patties onto a clean surface. Make a slight hollow in the centre of each patty. Top each hollow with the sliced Jalapenos and 5g (15ml) grated cheese.
- Place the egg, the What's Cooking Hot Crispy Breading and the Panko crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Coat each patty with the What's Cooking Hot Crispy Breading and shake off any excess. Dip the patty in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Lastly coat the patty in the Panko breadcrumbs
- Place each patty in the oil and fry for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Build each hamburger by stacking some of the lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes and red onion on the bottom half of the hamburger buns. Top each bun with the Rustler Beef Burger patty and a dollop of the What's Cooking Cheese Sauce. Top with the other half of the bun and serve with potato wedges.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*