15 minutes prep time
1 hour 15 minutes cooking time
- 500g Maize meal
- 50g Butter or margarine
- 10g Freddy Hirsch Hunters® Spice (802331)
- 1.5L Water
- Oil for frying
- 500g Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 150g Onion, finely chopped
- 40g "What’s Cooking™" Chakalaka Stew Mix (803310)
- 300ml Water
- 1 Tin of sweet corn
- 20g Sugar
- 2 Cups grated cheddar cheese
- For the pap: Add water and maize meal to a pot and bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer until cooked. Flavour with Hunters® Spice and butter.
- For the filling: Fry chopped onion and tomato in pre-heated oil until soft. Mix "What’s Cooking™" Chakalaka Spice with water and add with sugar to tomato mix. Simmer until cooked and then add the sweet corn.
- To assemble the dish: Use a large oven dish and spray with Spray and Cook. Fill with half of the pap and smooth the surface with a large spoon. Top with a sprinkle of grated cheese and then a layer of filling. Follow with a layer of pap, filling and cheese to end off. Bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.