Braaiwors Sausage Rolls with Chakalaka Sauce
45 minutes prep time
25 minutes cooking time
- 1 Roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 400g Braaiwors cooked, and removed from the casing
- 20g Oil
- 100g Chopped onion
- 300g Chopped tomatoes
- 20gr What’s Cooking™ Chakalaka Stew sachet (803310)
- 100ml Water
- Roll pastry out flat and cut into rectangular strips.
- Place spoonful of braaiwors filling onto pastry strips and fold pastry over to enclose the pocket. Brush with egg and bake in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked.
- While the pastries bake, prepare your chakalaka dipping sauce saute chopped onions in preheated oil.
- Add tomatoes, What’s Cooking™ Chakalaka Spice and water. Simmer all ingredients together until sauce starts to thicken. Enjoy the baked pastries with the chakalaka sauce.