Braaiwors Sausage Rolls with Chakalaka Sauce
45 minutes prep time
25 minutes cooking time
- 1 Roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 400g Braaiwors cooked, and removed from the casing
- 20g Oil
- 100g Chopped onion
- 300g Chopped tomatoes
- 20gr What’s Cooking™ Chakalaka Stew sachet (803310)
- 100ml Water
- Roll pastry out flat and cut into rectangular strips.
- Place spoonful of braaiwors filling onto pastry strips and fold pastry over to enclose the pocket. Brush with egg and bake in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked.
- While the pastries bake, prepare your chakalaka dipping sauce saute chopped onions in preheated oil.
- Add tomatoes, What’s Cooking™ Chakalaka Spice and water. Simmer all ingredients together until sauce starts to thicken. Enjoy the baked pastries with the chakalaka sauce.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.