1 hour 30 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- 200g What’s Cooking Raspberry Jelly (803303)
- 560ml Boiling water
- 560ml Cold water
- 800g Strawberries
- Sponge Cake:
- 500g What’s Cooking Easy Baking Batter (803330)
- 125ml Water
- 125ml Oil
- 125ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 200g What’s Cooking Custard (803338)
- 800ml Cold milk
- 1L Fresh Cream,Whipped
- Assorted berries for garnish
- Jelly layer: Slice strawberries in half and place at the bottom of a deep glass bowl. Prepare jelly by adding jelly powder to boiling water and mix until dissolved. Add cold water, mix well again. Pour jelly over the strawberries and refrigerate jelly until set (5 to 6 hours).
- Sponge Cake: Pre heat the oven to 160C. Mix the milk,water,eggs and oil together. Add the wet mixture to the 500g sachet of Easy baking batter. Mix until well combined, but do not over mix. Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into square shaped pieces.
- Custard: Place custard powder in a mixing bowl. Slowly add milk while whisking the ingredients together and then refrigerate.
- Once the jelly is set, pour the custard over. Then top with the cake pieces. Spread the whipped cream over the cake layer and decorate with berries. Keep refrigerated.