Berry and Chocolate Trifle
- 500 g Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Raspberry Jelly (802282-K)
- 1.4 L Boiling water
- 1.4 L Cold water
- 500 g Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Easy Baking Batter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Cocoa powder
- 2 Eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Sunflower oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Water
- 500 g Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chocolate flavoured mousse (803337-K)
- 1 L Milk
- In a large bowl, combine the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Raspberry Jelly with 1.4 L boiling and 1.4 L cold water and mix well. Leave in the fridge to set for 4 hours. Cut the set jelly roughly into cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 160℃ . Prepare a 25 x 20 cm rectangular pan by lining it with baking paper and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the Freddy Hirsch What’s cooking Custard Powder together in a large bowl. Mix the eggs with wet ingredients (125 ml milk, 125 ml sunflower oil, 125 ml water) in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Custard Powder with the 2 L milk and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chocolate Flavoured Mousse with the 1 L milk and mix well. Scoop the chocolate mouse in a piping bag fitted with star nozzle
- Slice the cake with a 10 cm diameter cookie cutter, 6 rounds out. Slice each round in half
- Layer in 6 medium sized jars; a layer of cake, followed by a layer of custard, followed by a layer of raspberry jelly. Repeat. Pipe the trifle with chocolate mousse on top and decorate with chocolate shavings and fresh berries