Mexican Mac & Cheese Burgers
45 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
All the classical comfort flavours stacked together in slider size burgers
- 500g Prepared Macaroni & Cheese, using What’s Cooking White Sauce (802943)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- What’s Cooking™ Crispy Breading ( 803288)
- 8 Slider size beef patties, prepared with Majiek Meatball Base (803114)
- Mexican Salsa made out of chopped tomato, avocado, onion, coriander and chilli
- Crème Fraiche and fresh coriander for garnish
- Mix the Mac & Cheese with a fork to loosen the mixture slightly.
- Form your buns/bases between your two hands and place in fridge for 10 minutes for Mac&Cheese buns to maintain their shape.
- Remove from fridge, dip in beaten egg and coat with Crispy Breading.
- Shake excess Breading off and deep fry in preheated oil till golden brown.
- While you are frying your buns, allow your mini patties to grill till perfection.
- Assemble your burger by topping a Mac & Cheese bun with a beef patty, then a spoonful of Mexican salsa, and another Mac & cheese bun. Garnish with crème fraiche and fresh coriander.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!