GRILLED CHOP SANDWICHES WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA
35 minutes prep time
35 minutes cooking time
- 3 Red sweet peppers, halved, white seeds and membranes removed
- 3 Yellow sweet peppers, halved, white seeds and membranes removed
- 30ml Olive oil
- 12 Lamb rib chops
- 250g Mozzarella, cut into thick slices and halved to fit onto the meaty part of the chops
- 125ml Basil pesto
- 30ml Winchester Grill Sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the peppers in the olive oil and place it on a baking tray. Roast in the oven until soft.
- Make a fire. Sprinkle the chops on all sides with Winchester Grill Spice. Place 6 chops on a clean chopping board. Layer a slice of mozzarella followed by a dollop of pesto and slices of roasted pepper on the chops. Cover each chop with another chop. Tie two chops together with kitchen string.
- Brown the chops evenly on both sides over direct coals. Turn the chops on the fatty side, to render some of the fat. Then move to the side of the fire to cook through but to prevent it from burning.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.