Wiltshire Pork Pies with Apple, Cider and Fennel
40 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
- 500g Prepared Wiltshire Pork Sausages (803151)
- 80g Chopped Onions
- 50g Butter
- 1 Medium apple, diced into small blocks
- 50g Fennel bulb, chopped finely
- 200ml Apple cider
- 50g "What’s Cooking™" White Sauce (802943), prepared with 200ml water
- 100g Grated cheddar
- ½ Roll of puff pastry
- 1 Egg beaten with a little bit of milk
- Preheat Oven to 180ºC.
- Grill sausages for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked.
- Remove from oven, once cooled down – slice into 2 cm slices.
- Melt butter in a small pot and add onion, apple and fennel. Brown all ingredients and add apple cider. Allow to Simmer, and let the Cider reduce.
- Prepare white sauce and add to rest of the ingredients together with the sliced sausage and cheese. Allow to simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Divide into individual ramekins and top with puff pastry. Brush with egg and bake in pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cooked.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*