Sticky Asian Boerewors Kebabs
20 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
- FOR THE STICKY ASIAN SAUCE:
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Freddy Hirsch Peach Chutney (870027-E)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) di Cardelli Sweet Chilli Sauce (803224-5L)
- pinch of dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 25 ml (1/2 tsp) minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- FOR THE KEBAB:
- 1 packet Egte Plaaslekker Boerewors (802257-K) cut into 7cm pieces
- 1 pineapple, trim the edges and peel
- 2 green peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) white sesame seeds
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cut the boerewors into 7cm pieces
- Chop pineapple into quarters lengthways. Remove the core. Slice each quarter into 3 pieces. Slice each half pepper into quarters lengthways.
- Thread the ingredients onto a skewer starting with a piece of Egte Plaaslekker Boerewors, followed by pineapple then green pepper. Repeat until the skewer is filled.
- Grill the skewers over medium hot coals for 5 - 7 minutes per side. Baste with the sticky Asian basting sauce and grill for 5 - 10 minutes per side. Top with the sliced scallions and white sesame seeds. Serve with the extra sauce on the side.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*