SEARED RUMP ESPETADAS
30 minutes prep time
45 minutes cooking time
- 1.5kg rump steak, thickly cut into 4-5 cm cubes
- 6 bay leaf branches, keep the top leaves but strip the bottom leaves from the branch and keep
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 100ml Freddy Hirsch di Cardelli® BBQ Marinade
- 6 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 500ml sunflower oil
- Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice for sprinkling on the cooked chips
- Marinate the rump steak in the Freddy Hirsch di Cardelli® BBQ Marinade in a big glass bowl. Turn regularly.
- Make your fire. Skewer 4-5 pieces of rump onto the bay leaf branches interspersed with lemon quarters.
- Place the skewers directly over the coals and grill on both sides until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Cut the potatoes into chunky chips and deep fry in hot oil until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen towel paper. Sprinkle the chips with Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice.
- Serve the espetadas straight from the braai with the chunky chips.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.