CHORIZO BEEF BURGER WITH JALAPENO RELISH AND ONION RINGS
20 minutes prep time
10 minutes cooking time
Jalapeno relish: Combine 4 whole pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, 1 red onion, finely chopped, a small handful fresh chopped coriander leaves, and the juice of a lime in a small bowl. Onion rings: Cut 2 onions into thick rings. Heat 500 ml sunflower oil in a medium saucepan. Toss the onion rings lightly in 100 g Freddie Hirsch What's Cooking® Mzanzi Chicken Breading. Deep fry the onion rings in the oil until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen towel paper.
- 1kg Lean beef mince
- 130g Freddie Hirsch Rustler Beef Burger Mix
- 170ml Cold water
- 1x 250g-300g Chorizo sausage, chopped finely
- 45ml Olive oil
- 6 Big hamburger rolls, sliced open
- A handful of rocket leaves
- 1 Large tomato, thickly sliced
- Mix the mince with the Freddie Hirsch Rustler Beef Burger Mix. Mix the chorizo through thoroughly and divide the meat into ±165g patties.
- Fry the patties on a hot grill until golden on both sides and cooked on the inside.
- Toast the hamburger buns lightly and top with the rocket leaves and beef patties. Top each patty with a slice of tomato and a spoonful of jalapeno relish. Serve on bread rolls together with the onion rings.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.