PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROASTED POTATOES
30 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 1 x 1,5kg Whole chicken
- 1 x Lemon quarters
- 1 Onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 Whole head of garlic, broken into garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Sea salt flakes
- 125ml "What's Cooking™" Roast Chicken Marinade
- 750g Medium potatoes, peeled
- 45ml Olive oil
- 20ml Hunters® Biltong Spice
- Preheat the oven the 200°C.
- Place the chicken in an oven tray and season the cavity with salt. Fill with lemon, onion and garlic cloves. Rub the chicken all over with the marinade.
- Roast in the oven for 1h30 minutes. Baste with marinade throughout.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water until soft when pierced with a fork. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Scrape the sides of the potatoes with a fork. Place in an oven tray and coat with olive oil and the Hunters® Biltong Spice. Roast with the chicken for 45 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when you insert a skewer in the thickest part of the leg. Carve and serve with the potatoes.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*