Paptert with Heroes® Griller
30 minutes prep time
4 hours cooking time
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2L (8 cups) water
- 15ml (1tbsp) salt
- 500g maize meal
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 500g Heroes® Griller (803056-K)
- 1 green pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 1 red pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 4 ears corn, cooked and kernels sliced off
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 x 400g tin of spicy chakalaka
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes in the olive oil and place in an oven proof dish. Season with salt. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to blister.
- Boil the water and salt in a large pot. Add the maize meal in a thin stream and stir continuously until well combined. Lower the heat and cook 20-30 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, corn kernels and chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly.
- Grill the Heroes® Griller on a griddle pan for 5 - 7 minutes on each side.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the red and green peppers for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Line a medium bread tin with baking powder. Slice the Heroes® Griller into 3 equal lengths, (the same length as the bread tin).
- Layer the ingredients, starting with a layer of cooked maize, followed by a layer of the pepper and tomato mixture. Add another layer of cooked maize, then the Heroes® Griller pieces. Finish with a layer of cooked maize.
- Wrap the whole tin in plastic wrap and allow to set in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, heat in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes before turning out onto a serving platter. Serve with the heated chakalaka.