OUKRAAL GRILLER® AND ITALIAN TOMATO BAKE
1 hour prep time
1 hour cooking time
- 45ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Small celery sticks, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated coarsely
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1kg Oukraal Griller®
- 2 x 400g Tins whole peeled tomatoes
- 250g Mozzarella, cubed
- 250g Cocktail tomatoes
- Heat 30ml of oil in a big frying pan, and fry the onion, celery and carrots until soft over medium heat. Remove the vegetables and keep aside. Turn up the heat and add 15ml oil to the pan. Press the filling out of the sausage casings, in the size of a small meat balls.
- Fry the meat until golden brown. Return the vegetables to the pan and fry everything another 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Sprinkle the cocktail tomatoes and the mozzarella over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with fresh basil and spaghetti.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*