Oom Freddy's Legacy® Boerewors Corn Dog
5 minutes prep time
15 minutes cooking time
- 250 ml (1 cup) Polenta
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cake Flour
- 2 ½ ml (½ tsp.) Salt
- 2 ½ ml (½ tsp.) Sugar
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cup) milk
- 500 g Oom Freddy's Legacy Boerewors
- Cooking oil for deep fat frying
- Combine the polenta, cake flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Divide the Oom Freddy's Legacy Boerewors into 8 equal length pieces. Skewer each boerewors onto a small sosatie skewer.
- Bring a saucepan with water to boil, pre-cook the boerewors sticks for 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan to 180°C.
- Dip each boerewors skewer into the corn batter. Shake off any excess batter. Fry the corn dogs in batches for 2 – 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.