Oom Freddy's Legacy® Boerewors Corn Dog
5 minutes prep time
15 minutes cooking time
- 250 ml (1 cup) Polenta
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cake Flour
- 2 ½ ml (½ tsp.) Salt
- 2 ½ ml (½ tsp.) Sugar
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cup) milk
- 500 g Oom Freddy's Legacy Boerewors
- Cooking oil for deep fat frying
- Combine the polenta, cake flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Divide the Oom Freddy's Legacy Boerewors into 8 equal length pieces. Skewer each boerewors onto a small sosatie skewer.
- Bring a saucepan with water to boil, pre-cook the boerewors sticks for 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan to 180°C.
- Dip each boerewors skewer into the corn batter. Shake off any excess batter. Fry the corn dogs in batches for 2 – 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.