LEGACY® Marinated Picanha Steak Snacks (with corn fritters and easy Yorkshire pudding)
30 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 250 ml (1 Cup) Oom Freddy's Legacy® Marinade (803067-E)
- 1 x 800 g Picanha Steak
- For the Corn fritters:
- 15 ml ( 1tbsp) fresh coriander
- 1 small green pepper, finely diced
- 1 tin sweet corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 15 ml oil, for frying
- For the cheats "Yorkshire pudding"
- What's Cooking Fry Batter (802878-K)
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sunflower oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) horseradish cream
- For the Chilli Bites:
- What's Cooking Chilli Bite Mix (803403-K)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, finely chopped
- 150 g of the Oom Freddy's Legacy® Marinated Picanha Steak
- 500 ml oil for deep frying
- Marinate the Picanha steak in the Oom Freddy's Legacy® Marinade at room temperature for 3 hours. Prepare a fire with medium to hot coals. Move the coals to the side.
- Remove the Picanha steak from the marinade and place on the grill fat side down first. For a medium cook, grill over indirect heat for 10 - 15 minutes on each side. Remove from the fire and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice as thinly as possible. Set aside until needed.
- For the corn fritters, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Drizle the oil in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Place 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the mixture into the hot oil and cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Top each fritter with a slice of the Picanha steak.
- For the cheats "Yorkshire pudding, fill each cup of a 12 hole-muffin pan with 10 ml (2tsp) sunflower oil and preheat in a 180° oven.
- Prepare the What's Cooking Fry Batter according to the instructions on the packaging. Remove the tray from the oven, add batter to each muffin-cup filling it to three-quarters. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve each pudding topped with a slice of the Oom Freddy's Legacy® Marinated steak and a dollop of horseradish cream.
- For the Chilli Bites, prepare the What's Cooking Chilli Bite Mix according to the instructions on the packaging. Add 1 finely chopped Jalapeno pepper and 150g of the Oom Freddy's Legacy® Marinated Picanha steak to the mixture and deep fry according to the instructions on the packaging.