Oom Freddy’s Legacy TM Gatsby
1 hour prep time
15 minutes cooking time
- 400 g Rump steak
- 15 ml Olive oil
- Large baguette, cut open
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 40 g Butter, softened
- 6 slices Smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 Crispy lettuce head
- 250 g Shoestring chips
- Oom Freddy’s LegacyTM Sprinkle, for rub
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 60 ml Onion marmalade
- What’s Cooking Chip & Wedge Spice, to sprinkle
- Rub the rump steak with olive oil and Oom Freddy’s Legacy TM Sprinkle - 803165. Marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Mix the softened butter and crushed garlic together and generously spread onto the baguette. Toast in a griddle pan until lightly brown and crispy.
- Braai the steak over hot coals for 5 minutes on each side. Once cooked, cover in tin foil for 5 minutes, then slice into 4 cm strips.
- Heat the sunflower oil to 180oC and fry the potato chips until golden. Sprinkle with What’s Cooking Chip & Wedge spice - 803253 while warm.
- To assemble, spread onion marmalade on both halves of the baguette. Then, stack lettuce, cheese and rump steak on the bottom half of the baguette. Cover with potato chips, sprinkle with more What’s Cooking Chip & Wedge Spice and place the top half of the baguette on top.
- Slice into 4 pieces to serve.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*