Kameelhout® Boerewors Jaffles
10 minutes prep time
15 minutes cooking time
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion
- 15ml garlic, chopped
- 500g Kameelhout® Boerewors, meat removed from casing
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 60g butter
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 125g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 slices bread, buttered on both sides
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 5ml red chilli, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes.
- Add the Freddy Hirsh Kameelhout® Boerewors meat (without casing) and fry for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the parsley.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the sliced onion for 8 - 10 minutes or until caramelised.
- Place a slice of red onion and a slice of bread in a preheated jaffle pan. Fill with 2 large tablespoons of mince mixture and top with caramelised onions and cheese. Top with another slice of bread and cook the jaffle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crips.
- Repeat with the remaining jaffle mixture. Serve warm.