Kameelhout® Boerewors Jaffles
10 minutes prep time
15 minutes cooking time
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion
- 15ml garlic, chopped
- 500g Kameelhout® Boerewors, meat removed from casing
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 60g butter
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 125g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 slices bread, buttered on both sides
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 5ml red chilli, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes.
- Add the Freddy Hirsh Kameelhout® Boerewors meat (without casing) and fry for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the parsley.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the sliced onion for 8 - 10 minutes or until caramelised.
- Place a slice of red onion and a slice of bread in a preheated jaffle pan. Fill with 2 large tablespoons of mince mixture and top with caramelised onions and cheese. Top with another slice of bread and cook the jaffle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crips.
- Repeat with the remaining jaffle mixture. Serve warm.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.