HUNTERS® QUICHE WITH BILTONG SALAD
45 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
- For the pastry:
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Flour
- 100g Cold butter, cubes
- For the filling:
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, chopped
- 250ml Creme fraiche or soured cream
- 250ml Full cream
- 8 Eggs
- 250ml Finely grated parmesan
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 15ml Hunters® Biltong Spice
- A small handful of rocket leaves
- 150g Sliced biltong
- Parmesan shavings for serving
- Pastry: combine all the ingredients in a food processor until it starts to come together. Remove and press together to form a ball. Press flat and wrap with plastic wrap. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the dough on a clean work surface lightly dusted with flour. Line a 27 cm, deep quiche pan with the pastry.
- Cover the pastry with crumbled baking paper covered with dry rice or baking beans. Half bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Remove the paper carefully.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling and fill the pastry case. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked. Serve the tart topped with fresh rocket leaves, parmesan shavings and biltong slices.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*