Heroes Range Braaiwors/ Griller Bunny Chow
10 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 500 g Cake flour
- 375 ml (1½ cup) Lukewarm milk
- 60 g Butter, melted
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Salt
- 10 g Instant yeast
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 500 g Freddy Hirsch Heroes® Griller, sliced into 5 cm pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped ginger
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chakalaka
- Stew Mix
- 1 x 400 g Tin whole
- Combine the cake flour, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and butter. Mix until well combined. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 8 – 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spray 6 enamel cups with cooking spray. Divide the dough into 6 balls and place in the prepared enamel cups. Set aside to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meantime; heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the Freddy Hirsch Heroes® Griller for 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chakalaka Stew Mix and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the whole peeled tomatoes and Griller/braaiwors. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Slice the top of the bread buns and hollow the bread out. Fill the bread with the braaiwors curry and serve.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.