Heroes Range Braaiwors/ Griller Bunny Chow
10 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 500 g Cake flour
- 375 ml (1½ cup) Lukewarm milk
- 60 g Butter, melted
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Salt
- 10 g Instant yeast
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 500 g Freddy Hirsch Heroes® Griller, sliced into 5 cm pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped ginger
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chakalaka
- Stew Mix
- 1 x 400 g Tin whole
- Combine the cake flour, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and butter. Mix until well combined. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 8 – 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spray 6 enamel cups with cooking spray. Divide the dough into 6 balls and place in the prepared enamel cups. Set aside to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meantime; heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the Freddy Hirsch Heroes® Griller for 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking Chakalaka Stew Mix and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the whole peeled tomatoes and Griller/braaiwors. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Slice the top of the bread buns and hollow the bread out. Fill the bread with the braaiwors curry and serve.