HEROES® GRILLER KOFTA CURRY
1 hour prep time
45 minutes cooking time
- 2 Onions, chopped finely
- 15ml Grated fresh ginger
- 15ml Finely chopped garlic
- 15ml Finely chopped chillies
- 30ml Fennel seeds
- 30ml Olive oil
- 1kg Heroes® Griller
- 2 x 400g Tins of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed in the juice
- 45ml Freddie Hirsch Medium Curry Powder
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 15ml Brown sugar
- A big hand full of fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large frying pan fry the onions, ginger, garlic, chillies and fennel seeds until soft and golden in the olive oil.
- Press the meat out of the sausage casings and shape it into oblong shaped meat balls to form the koftas. Fry the koftas with the onions until browned all over.
- Add the tomatoes, curry powder, curry leaves and sugar to the sauce. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and add the coriander yoghurt. Serve with rice, poppadums and cucumber raita.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.