What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Lamb Shank Curry
10 minutes prep time
2 hours cooking time
- 30ml olive oil
- 6 lamb shanks
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15ml garlic, chopped
- 15ml ginger, chopped
- 5ml red chilli, chopped
- 45ml Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Spice
- 1 x 400g tin coconut cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Season the lamb with salt and black pepper. Fry the lamb shanks for 2 – 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chili for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Spice and fry for another minute.
- Add the lamb shanks, tomatoes and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
Freddy Hirsch products used in this recipe:
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.