What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Lamb Shank Curry
10 minutes prep time
2 hours cooking time
- 30ml olive oil
- 6 lamb shanks
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15ml garlic, chopped
- 15ml ginger, chopped
- 5ml red chilli, chopped
- 45ml Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Spice
- 1 x 400g tin coconut cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Season the lamb with salt and black pepper. Fry the lamb shanks for 2 – 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chili for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the Freddy Hirsch What’s Cooking™ Rogan Josh Spice and fry for another minute.
- Add the lamb shanks, tomatoes and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.