Curried Butternut & Lentil Cottage Pie
30 minutes prep time
1 hour 15 minutes cooking time
- 300g Onions
- 750g Butternut
- 1.2kg Lentils
- 75g "What's Cooking™" Kings Curry (803053)
- 120g FH chutney
- 600 l Water
- 1.8kg Sweet Potato
- 120g Margarine
- 1g FH Salt n Black Pepper Spice
- Fry chopped onions in pre-heated oil. Add chopped butternut and sauté together until golden brown.
- Mix "What's Cooking™" King's Curry in a Hurry with water and add to butternut mixture. Turn down heat and allow ingredients to simmer.
- Once butternut is soft, add drained lentils. Stir in the chutney and allow ingredients to simmer together for 10 minutes (fresh chopped coriander can be added).
- Sweet Potato Mash: Peel and cut sweet potatoes and boil in water until cooked.
- Mash with margarine and Salt n Black Pepper Spice. Allow to mash to cool down.
- Pipe / spread onto butternut / lentil filling and bake in pre-heated oven until golden brown.
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.