WHAT'S COOKING™ CHAKALAKA & VEGETABLE SOUP
20 minutes prep time
1 hour 20 minutes cooking time
- 100g Vegetable Oil
- 400g Onions, chopped
- 1.2kg Tomatoes, chopped
- 400g Green pepper, diced
- 400g Cabbage, shredded
- 1kg Potatoes, diced
- 240g (2 sachets) What's Cooking™ Chakalaka Stew Mix 803310
- 3L Water
- 800g (2 tins) Baked beans
- Heat oil in a large pot and start by frying your onions, tomatoes and green pepper together.
- Add cabbage and potato.
- Mix What's Cooking™ Chakalaka Sachets with 500ml water, and add with remaining water to the vegetable ingredients.
- Adjust water quantity if you need soup to be thicker or thinner. Simmer ingredients together for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in baked beans, this will help to thicken your soup as well.
- Optional: Soup can be garnished with Boerewors Meatballs. (Remove prepared Boerewors from the casing and roll into cocktail size balls, bake till cooked and use to garnish Soup).
From manual mincers you can use at home to giant vacuum packers fit for large butcheries, this is the entire catalogue of equipment available from Freddy Hirsch.