What's Cooking™ Chakalaka & Vegetable Soup
- 100g Vegetable Oil
- 400g Onions, chopped
- 1.2kg Tomatoes, chopped
- 400g Green pepper, diced
- 400g Cabbage, shredded
- 1kg Potatoes, diced
- 240g (2 sachets) What's Cooking™ Chakalaka Stew Mix 803310
- 3L Water
- 800g (2 tins) Baked beans
- Heat oil in a large pot and start by frying your onions, tomatoes and green pepper together.
- Add cabbage and potato.
- Mix What's Cooking™ Chakalaka Sachets with 500ml water, and add with remaining water to the vegetable ingredients.
- Adjust water quantity if you need soup to be thicker or thinner. Simmer ingredients together for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in baked beans, this will help to thicken your soup as well.
- Optional: Soup can be garnished with Boerewors Meatballs. (Remove prepared Boerewors from the casing and roll into cocktail size balls, bake till cooked and use to garnish Soup).