Braaied Kameelhout® Boerewors Scroll with Chimichurri and Moroccan Couscous
20 minutes prep time
20 minutes cooking time
- For the Moroccan Salad:
- 500ml (2cups) cooked couscous
- juice of 1 orange
- 100g flaked almonds, lightly roasted
- 160g dried pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 100g pistachios, chopped
- 100g dried Turkish apricot, chopped
- For the Chimichurri:
- 300g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) cumin
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Olive Oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- For the Moroccan Boerewors:
- 30ml (2 tbsp) What's Cooking Moroccan Rub (803397-K)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Olive Oil
- 500g Kameelhout® Boerewors (802273-K)
- To serve:
- 1 punnet pomegranate seeds
- 125ml fresh Mint
- 125ml fresh Coriander
- For the Moroccan couscous, combine all the ingredients for the couscous in a serving bowl and toss through. Set aside until needed.
- For the Chimichurri, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir through.
- For the Moroccan braaied boerewors, combine the What's Cooking Moroccan Rub with the olive oil to form a paste. Rub the Kameelhout® Boerewors with the paste.
- Place the boerewors over medium coals and grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked.
- Serve the Moroccan Boerewors scroll on top of the Moroccan couscous with chimichurri. Top with the pomegranate seeds, freshly chopped mint and coriander.
Stand a chance to go into a draw to win a .75kw Biltong Slicer valued over R5000*