Wiltshire Pork Pies with Apple, Cider and Fennel
40 minutes prep time
30 minutes cooking time
- 500g Prepared Wiltshire Pork Sausages (803151)
- 80g Chopped Onions
- 50g Butter
- 1 Medium apple, diced into small blocks
- 50g Fennel bulb, chopped finely
- 200ml Apple cider
- 50g "What’s Cooking™" White Sauce (802943), prepared with 200ml water
- 100g Grated cheddar
- ½ Roll of puff pastry
- 1 Egg beaten with a little bit of milk
- Preheat Oven to 180ºC.
- Grill sausages for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked.
- Remove from oven, once cooled down – slice into 2 cm slices.
- Melt butter in a small pot and add onion, apple and fennel. Brown all ingredients and add apple cider. Allow to Simmer, and let the Cider reduce.
- Prepare white sauce and add to rest of the ingredients together with the sliced sausage and cheese. Allow to simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Divide into individual ramekins and top with puff pastry. Brush with egg and bake in pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cooked.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!