SEARED RUMP ESPETADAS
30 minutes prep time
45 minutes cooking time
- 1.5kg rump steak, thickly cut into 4-5 cm cubes
- 6 bay leaf branches, keep the top leaves but strip the bottom leaves from the branch and keep
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 100ml Freddy Hirsch di Cardelli® BBQ Marinade
- 6 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 500ml sunflower oil
- Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice for sprinkling on the cooked chips
- Marinate the rump steak in the Freddy Hirsch di Cardelli® BBQ Marinade in a big glass bowl. Turn regularly.
- Make your fire. Skewer 4-5 pieces of rump onto the bay leaf branches interspersed with lemon quarters.
- Place the skewers directly over the coals and grill on both sides until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Cut the potatoes into chunky chips and deep fry in hot oil until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen towel paper. Sprinkle the chips with Freddy Hirsch Chip Spice.
- Serve the espetadas straight from the braai with the chunky chips.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!