CHORIZO BEEF BURGER WITH JALAPENO RELISH AND ONION RINGS
20 minutes prep time
10 minutes cooking time
Jalapeno relish: Combine 4 whole pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, 1 red onion, finely chopped, a small handful fresh chopped coriander leaves, and the juice of a lime in a small bowl. Onion rings: Cut 2 onions into thick rings. Heat 500 ml sunflower oil in a medium saucepan. Toss the onion rings lightly in 100 g Freddie Hirsch What's Cooking® Mzanzi Chicken Breading. Deep fry the onion rings in the oil until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen towel paper.
- 1kg Lean beef mince
- 130g Freddie Hirsch Rustler Beef Burger Mix
- 170ml Cold water
- 1x 250g-300g Chorizo sausage, chopped finely
- 45ml Olive oil
- 6 Big hamburger rolls, sliced open
- A handful of rocket leaves
- 1 Large tomato, thickly sliced
- Mix the mince with the Freddie Hirsch Rustler Beef Burger Mix. Mix the chorizo through thoroughly and divide the meat into ±165g patties.
- Fry the patties on a hot grill until golden on both sides and cooked on the inside.
- Toast the hamburger buns lightly and top with the rocket leaves and beef patties. Top each patty with a slice of tomato and a spoonful of jalapeno relish. Serve on bread rolls together with the onion rings.