BREAKFAST TRAY BAKE
15 minutes prep time
45 minutes cooking time
- 250g Pickling onions, peeled
- 250g Cocktail tomatoes
- 45ml Olive oil
- 6 Big black mushrooms
- 500g Royal Choice™ Tomato Griller
- 15ml Olive oil
- 6 Eggs
- A few sprigs of tomatoes on the vine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- A handful of basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the onions and tomatoes in a big, deep oven pan and toss through the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until the onions are soft. Place the sausages and black mushrooms in between the onions and tomatoes, drizzle with more oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill for a further 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms and sausages are almost cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and break the eggs in between the sausages and mushrooms, season the eggs with salt. Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the foil. Place back into the oven for a minute or two until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with fresh basil and toasted bread.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!