PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROASTED POTATOES
30 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 1 x 1,5kg Whole chicken
- 1 x Lemon quarters
- 1 Onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 Whole head of garlic, broken into garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Sea salt flakes
- 125ml "What's Cooking™" Roast Chicken Marinade
- 750g Medium potatoes, peeled
- 45ml Olive oil
- 20ml Hunters® Biltong Spice
- Preheat the oven the 200°C.
- Place the chicken in an oven tray and season the cavity with salt. Fill with lemon, onion and garlic cloves. Rub the chicken all over with the marinade.
- Roast in the oven for 1h30 minutes. Baste with marinade throughout.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water until soft when pierced with a fork. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Scrape the sides of the potatoes with a fork. Place in an oven tray and coat with olive oil and the Hunters® Biltong Spice. Roast with the chicken for 45 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when you insert a skewer in the thickest part of the leg. Carve and serve with the potatoes.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!