30 minutes prep time
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
- 5kg Hake, cut into pieces (or fish of your choice)
- 500g "What's Cooking™" crispy breading (803288)
- 300g Oil
- 1.8kg Onions, Sliced
- 500g "What's Cooking™" Pickled Fish Spice (803207)
- 900g White Sugar
- 750g Freddy Hirsch Vinegar (905807)
- 6L Water (add more water should you like sauce to be more runny)
- Coat Fish in Crispy Breading and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown and cooked.
- On the side prepare the Sauce – Fry sliced onions in oil until soft.
- Add Pickled Fish Spice and sugar and fry together.
- Add vinegar, and then water.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes for spices to cook, sauce to thicken and flavours to develop.
- Pour Hot Sauce over Fried Fish and allow to stand at least one day before you serve the dish.