PERI-PERI ROASTED CHICKEN POT PIES
35 minutes prep time
1 hour cooking time
- 2 x 400g puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 Onions, peeled, halved and cut into thick slices
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 30ml Olive oil
- 550g Cooked chicken, flaked
- 150ml Freddie Hirsch Peri-Peri Quick Mix® (752073)
- A small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Egg wash: whisk 1 egg with a pinch of salt
- Caramelise the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add the cooked chicken, Peri-Peri Quick Mix® and chopped coriander. Mix through. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a large muffin pan with 6 x 250 ml cups by lining each cup with strips of baking paper, leaving an overhang. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured service. Cut pastry circles, big enough to line the muffin cups. Cut 6 tops big enough to cover the pies.
- Fill each pastry case with the chicken filling. Place the tops onto the pies and pinch the pastry together. Brush with egg wash and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Remove from the oven and lift out of the cups by using the baking paper overhang strips.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!