20 minutes prep time
45 minutes cooking time
- 1L Water
- 250g What's Cooking™ Butter Chicken sachet
- 50ml Oil
- 2kg Chicken
- 400g Yogurt
- 30ml Vinegar
- 400g Tomatoes
- 200g Onions
- 200ml Cream
- 70g Margarine or butter
- Rub cubed chicken fillets or chicken portions with 1/2 of the What's Cooking™ Butter Chicken sachet, vinegar, yogurt, and allow to marinate
- Preheat the oil in a pot, fry chopped onion and tomato with the remaining spice until it forms a paste. Add the marinated chicken and water. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the meat is tender and cooked (adjust water is needed). Add margarine / butter and cream and allow sauce to thicken while it simmers.
- Options - serve with freshly chopped coriander and cashew nuts.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!