Boerie Braai Pie
30 minutes prep time
40 minutes cooking time
- 2 Rolls of puff pastry, defrosted
- What’s Cooking™" Milk Eggwash (803012) to brush pastry with
- 500g Freddy Hirsch Kameelhout® Boerewors (802277) cooked and sliced into thin round pieces
- 100g Caramelised onions
- 150g Sliced tomatoes
- 200g Mature cheddar, grated
- 10g Fresh basil
- 5g "What’s Cooking™" Salt n Black Pepper Sprinkle (803185)
- Take a Braai grid and unroll one sheet of puff pastry directly onto it. Brush with prepared "What’s Cooking™" Milk and Egg wash – Follow instructions on the packet.
- Leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry, start by layering the caramelised onion onto the pastry, followed by 100g of the grated cheese, sliced tomatoes, then the Freddy Hirsch Kameelhout® Boerewors rings. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, chopped fresh basil and "What’s Cooking™" Salt & Black Pepper Sprinkle.
- Cover with second layer of puff pastry. Pinch and fold over all of the edges to seal the braai pie and brush with "What’s Cooking™" Milk & Egg wash. Close the grid and place onto the braai. Turn it every 3 minutes for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the pie is browned and the pastry is cooked through.
Heritage Day is just around the corner! Are you ready for the biggest braai of the year? Here’s a guide to help you make sure that you’re ready to get your best braaivleis on!